Dark
Light
Dark
Light
Andretti F1 Bid Rejection

Andretti Rejects F1’s Bid Decision, Cites Miscommunication

02/02/2024

Andretti Cadillac refutes Formula 1’s bid rejection for 2025/2026, highlighting a lack of awareness regarding a crucial in-person meeting offer.

Andretti Cadillac has countered some of Formula 1’s arguments in its decision to reject its bid for 2025 or 2026, stating it was never aware of an offer to have an in-person meeting.

Formula 1 released a statement on Wednesday outlining the findings of its analysis to determine whether Andretti Cadillac would be allowed to join the grid from the perspective of commercial rights holders, following FIA’s sporting terms approval. In its findings, F1 questioned Andretti’s assessment of the task of building a new car two years in a row, given the initial offer had indicated 2025 as a potential entry point.

“The fact that the applicant proposes to do so gives us reason to question their understanding of the magnitude of the challenge involved,” said F1, among other arguments (found here).

Andretti Cadillac responded, emphasizing that the reasoning that 2025 was still part of the application in theory but not the team’s target entry year.

Andretti Targets 2026 F1 Entry Amid Miscommunication Drama

“When Andretti Cadillac participated in the FIA’s expression of interest process nearly a year ago, the first preferred year of participation was indicated as 2025,” states an Andretti Cadillac release.

“The FIA approved our application, with no specific limitation as to whether the commitment was for 2025 or 2026.”

“Andretti Cadillac has chosen 2026 as the entry year for many months now. The technical nature of 2025 still being part of the application is the result of the length of this process.”

In addition to this issue, there was also the revelation that an offer for a face-to-face meeting from F1 had not been accepted.

“After having the opportunity to review the applicant’s responses as well as our own deliberations, we then wrote to the applicant on December 12, 2023, inviting them to an in-person meeting in our offices so the applicant could present their bid, but the applicant did not accept this offer,” F1 claimed.

Andretti now says the invitation was not received, indicating that the email in question came from a FOM staff member and went to a junk folder!

Andretti Eager for F1 Talks After Missed Meeting Offer

“We were unaware that an offer for a meeting had been extended and we would not refuse a meeting with Formula 1’s leadership. An in-person meeting to discuss commercial matters would be, and remains, of paramount importance to Andretti Cadillac. We are pleased to have the opportunity to meet with Formula One Management and have written to them to confirm our interest.”

In conclusion, Andretti states once again: “Our work continues at a sustained pace.”

Andretti F1 Bid Rejection . Andretti F1 Bid Rejection

More on today’s Andretti Cadillac news

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Newsletter

Hamilton Bono Ferrari Move
Previous Story

Hamilton’s Move to Ferrari: Will Bono Follow?

Hamilton Ferrari Future Deal 410 Million Euro Deal
Next Story

Hamilton and Ferrari Nearing 410 Million Euro Deal?

Go toTop